Central Christian Church recently was awarded a matching grant in the amount of $30,000 to launch a new community ministry called Recovery Central. The new ministry has several goals:
1. Establishing an information & resource clearinghouse to assist people in recovery and recovery groups as families work to transition successfully into the community.
2. Address practical barriers to families regarding accessing those services - especially transportation & childcare.
3. Sponsor specific families in recovery as they transition from incarceration into the community. (Including help with finding & keeping a job, connecting them with support/recovery groups, developing new/healthy social connections, family communication & parenting skills).
4. Sponsor training for new recovery coaches in the community.
5. Develop/host new recovery group(s) at the church to offer alternative recovery approaches.
A wider goal is to make it so other churches/groups can replicate this program of sponsorship and increase our reach into the community and help more people. We also plan to host training for volunteers and recovery leaders.