Central Christian Church recently was awarded a matching grant in the amount of $30,000 to launch a new community ministry called Recovery Central. The new ministry has several goals:
1. Establishing an information & resource clearinghouse to assist people in recovery and recovery groups as families work to transition successfully into the community.
2. Address practical barriers to families regarding accessing those services - especially transportation & childcare.
3. Sponsor specific families in recovery as they transition from incarceration into the community. (Including help with finding & keeping a job, connecting them with support/recovery groups, developing new/healthy social connections, family communication & parenting skills).
4. Sponsor training for new recovery coaches in the community.
5. Develop/host new recovery group(s) at the church to offer alternative recovery approaches.
A wider goal is to make it so other churches/groups can replicate this program of sponsorship and increase our reach into the community and help more people. We also plan to host training for volunteers and recovery leaders.
The Recovery Central Leadership Team will meet via Zoom on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM.